24 November, 2009

Dan Sultan - Album Launch

It's a been a little while since I've updated my blog, so what better way to do so than with some of my photography work! On Saturday 21st November, I went to the Dan Sultan Album Lauch gig at The Espy (The Esplanade Hotel) in St Kilda. I'd heard so much about Dan and how awesome his brand of music was, I wasn't disappointed! A fusion of soul, funk, country and rock is the best way to describe it. Dan has an on stage presence and demeanor not to dissimilar to Johnny Cash, a complement of the highest regard. The girls love him and the guys want to be him. I'll definitely try to get to another one of his gigs soon. My only downside to the night was that I got there late because I was at work till 11pm (the gig started at 11pm) and I didn't get there till around 12am! I took my camera along to capture some of the night. It is my first attempt at gig photography and not a single shot using the flash. It's a bit of a challenge and takes a bit of playing around with until you find a setting suitable to the moment. The first few photos are evident of that. Another part of the challenge is dealing with being knocked around by the other patrons. I was back a bit further from the stage than I would have liked, but that said I wouldn't have got some of the shots I did! All in all, a good first effort at gig photography!

******************************

Edit (29th Nov, 2009)

Big thanks to Penny for introducing me to the sounds of Dan Sultan! Happy now Penn? :P


















1 comments:

Penny Daly said...

not a mention of my name of being the one who introduced you to the world of Stalkin Dan Sultan?!!! :p